BATE 0-1 Chelsea, RESULT: Latest Europa League scores and updates for Spartak Moscow 4-3 Rangers, Lazio 2-1 Marseille and the rest of the action
- Olivier Giroud scored his first goal of the season for Chelsea to grab win
- Three points secures Blues place in the round-of-32 in the Europa League
- Steven Gerrard’s Rangers throw away lead three times in Spartak Moscow loss
- BATE XI: Scherbitski, Rios, Volkov, Filipenko, Filipovic, Baha, Dragun, Hleb (Berezkin), Skavysh (Moukam), Signevich (Tuominem), Stasevich
- Chelsea XI: Arrizabalaga, Zappacosta, Christensen, Cahill, Emerson Palmieri, Barkley, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek (Kovacic), Pedro (Hudson-Odoi), Giroud, Hazard (Willian)
- READ: The full UEFA Europa League match report from the Borisov Arena
As Eden Hazard’s free-kick sailed over a sea of team-mates and harmlessly out of play, Maurizio Sarri finally flipped in the dugout. Fifty minutes had passed and in the dank surroundings of Barysaw, his side were producing the worst performance of his short reign as Chelsea manager.
Overcome by frustration, Sarri flew into a temper tantrum on the touchline. He wagged his finger, stomped his feet and his invective flew out into the Belarus night. The specific target of his rage was not apparent but it was crystal clear that Sarri was by now thoroughly fed up of his players’ showing.
Chelsea are on the brink of sealing their place in the round-of-32 of the Europa League as they travel to BATE looking to maintain their 100 per cent record.
The Blues have won all three of their European games with another three points enough to secure top spot in Group L providing results elsewhere go their way.
Meanwhile, Rangers are looking to continue their positive campaign under Steven Gerrard as they look to take a step closer to qualifying for the knock-out stage when they visit Spartak Moscow. Follow all the 5.55pm action with DAN RIPLEY as it happens.